- Quick warm showers are recommended. Avoid prolonged hot baths.
- Aerobic exercise, use of saunas and hot tubs should be avoided for 24-48 hours.
- If the skin is broken or a blister appears, apply Vaseline and notify us. The area should be kept lubricated to prevent crusting or scabbing of tissue.
- Cold packs may be used to ease temporary discomfort.
- Prolonged sun exposure is to be avoided for 4 weeks before and after treatment. A total sun block, not a sunscreen, should be applied if it is impossible to comply. If further treatment is needed a commitment to stay out of the sun is necessary. Sun exposure may cause certain complications (possibility of blistering and/or hyperpigmentation).
- Makeup can be applied as long as the skin is not broken. Makeup can also serve to protect the skin from sun exposure.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at (913) 588-6701 without hesitation.