- Immediately following treatment you may notice mild redness, swelling, pain, and/or bruising in the treatment area. These usually go away in a few hours to a few days. Bruising, if present, may last longer.
- Within the first 24 hours, apply ice or an ice pack wrapped in cloth (avoid putting ice directly on your skin) to the treatment area to help reduce swelling.
- Massage the treated area for 5 minutes 5 times a day for 5 days after your treatment.
- You may take acetaminophen or ibuprofen for discomfort if needed.
- Avoid sun and UV sunlamp exposure until the redness and swelling have disappeared.
- You may apply make-up a few hours after your treatment.
- Report any worsening or longer-lasting signs or symptoms to our office.
- You may resume your regular daily activities immediately after treatment and may resume exercising the next day.
- Remember that a few days after treatment you may look as you did before treatment. This is normal and temporary. Sculptra Aesthetic works to gradually replace lost collagen. Best results and full correction usually occur after several treatments.
If you are concerned about anything you consider significant, at our 24 hour number (913) 588-6701.